"First, we must admit that climate change is everyone’s problem. We are all in this together." —Go Electric Founder, Joel Rizzo
As the COVID-19 pandemic swept around the globe, governmental regulations limiting businesses and transportation resulted in sharp declines in fine particles in the environment known as PM2.5 (nitrogen dioxide NO2). These particles are only emitted by the burning of fossil fuels, primarily in vehicles and domestic industry.
Read National Geographic article: Pollution Made COVID-19 Worse. Now Lockdowns are Clearing the Air
As the National Geographic article aptly states, “The cleaner pandemic skies do show how fast we can bring down pollution when we reduce our burning of fossil fuels.”
Go Electric is supporting the use of methods to reduce the footprint of our modes of transport. Help support Go Electric’s Platform for rideshare change.
Electric Cars reduce carbon emissions by 6,777 pounds a year.
Let's review the numbers based on the current options for rideshare available to us and our dear First Responders:
In 2019, 110 million people used Uber...
There are an estimated 3 million Uber drivers in 65 countries (some 327,000 in 2015 and 750,000 in 2017 in the USA alone)
Lyft has claimed 700,000 drivers in USA and 1.5 million globally
As of 2018, there were approximately 207,920 Taxi Drivers in the USA alone.
Here's a little critical math for you:
---- Equals: 4,707,920 as an underestimation
x. 6,777 pound per car
---- Equals: 31,905,573,840 pounds of carbon emission worldwide
Other estimates arrive at the 1,234,920 Uber, Lyft, and Taxi Drivers in the USA alone generating 1,410,100,840 pounds of carbon emission annually in the USA by 2025.
Here's what sets us apart from other transport options:
- Go Electric ONLY uses electric vehicles.
- Our transportation service is the same cost as private sector rideshare options.
- Every ride is considered a donation that is tax deductible.
- Resources generated by are re-invested towards efforts to make a difference in environmental recovery.
What We Do Matters:
- Go Electric is providing reliable, clean energy transportation for healthcare workers and frontline staff.
- Your donations will be used to provide free rides to workers for disaster relief support.
- Every ride qualifies as a tax deductible donation that rewards you for your care and generosity.